The USCIS I 129 Form
You are here:About>News & Issues>Immigration Issues> All Forms, Fees, Kits> The USCIS I 129 Form
Born AbroadImmigration Issues

"Petition for Nonimmigrant Worker"

From Jennifer Leavitt-Wipf,
Your Guide to Immigration Issues.
FREE Newsletter. Sign Up Now!
Definition: The form used by employers to apply for a foreign worker to come to the United States, temporarily, to perform a job or engage in on-the-job training.

Visas that require this form include H-1B, H-1C, H-2A, H-2B, H-3, L-1, O-1, O-2, P-1, P-1S, P-2, P-2S, P-3, P-3S and Q-1 nonimmigrant worker visas.

Employers also use the I-129 to request an extension of stay or change of status for those on E-1, E-2 (Temporary Investor), R-1 (Temporary Religious Worker) or TN (NAFTA) visas.

Examples: Helfried was offered a job in the U.S. and the employer has just filed the I-129 for him.
 All Topics | Email Article | Print this Page | |
Advertising Info | News & Events | Work at About | SiteMap | Reprints | HelpOur Story | Be a Guide
Calorie-Count | UCompareHealthCare
User Agreement | Ethics Policy | Patent Info. | Privacy Policy
©2008 Born Abroad Foundation. All rights reserved.